Monday, October 5, 2009

Fun With China Glaze Chromes

At this point, I am not 100% sure exactly which polishes are in the official Sally Beauty "Glitters and Chromes" collection from China Glaze. I do think, however, that I now have them all!! Yay. I feel so....complete.

Front, l-r: Dreamsicle, Nova, Atlantis, Cleopatra, Glacier. Back, l-r: In Awe of Amber, Millennium, Metallic Muse, Twenty-Four K. Missing from pic is Medallion, a greenish-gold glitter.

Let's take a look at the chromes, since I have already reviewed the glitters.

L-r: Twenty-Four K, Millennium, Metallic Muse.


First up: Twenty-Four K, a yellow gold chrome.



My newest acquisition: Millennium, a silver chrome. So pretty and shiny! In some pics you can see kind of a reflection of the camera! I had some issues applying it though, with streakiness and a little spot on it, kind of like a little bump in the surface.




My other newest acquisition, Metallic Muse, is a lovely silvery green. Also very pretty!! I had no issues with the application.

Finally, I am also showing "In Awe of Amber," which isn't really a chrome. It needs 2-3 coats to be opaque. It doesn't have the chrome metal-like finish of the others. I could swear I picked it up from the "Chromes and Glitters" display at Sally's, but since it also is contained in the regular China Glaze rack, I could have gotten mixed up?

It's really a fairly sheer, shimmery dark copper color that goes nicely in my collection with my more orangey China Glaze "Cruisin'" and "Free Love." In Awe of Amber is a great color to wear in the fall!


Finally, a comparison on the nails with index = Metallic Muse; Middle = In Awe of Amber; Ring = Millennium; and pinky = Twenty-Four K. Taken with daylight coming in, but the one with index, ring and pinky taken indoors in the evening as an attempt to show the three true chromes together (please do not think I am flipping a bird!!)


These chromes plus In Awe of Amber should tide me over but the October 5 release of the China Glaze Khromes collection provides more chrome options. I believe that Millennium and Metallic Muse are part of that collection, as well, so I am already making progress on acquiring it! I am curious to see more of the other chromes---anticipation!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails