Monday, August 24, 2009

Squeeeee! Ordered my Barielle All Laquered Up Fall 09 Colors!

Well, that's rather a long title, but I like to be very clear what my posts are about. Ha! I'm just a little excited because I placed my first Barielle order ever and used some great codes to boot!

With YouTube tutorials and beauty blogs galore, learning about beauty products and cosmetics is easier than it's ever been. Especially cool is when a blogger or YouTuber becomes really successful and gets the opportunity to develop or collaborate on their own products.

The first nail-specific blog I've come across, "All Lacquered Up," is an awesome source of information. Michelle's reviews and swatches in this blog were immensely helpful for discovering and researching which nail polishes I would like to try. When I came upon the Barielle fall-autumn 2009 collection on which Michelle collaborated with "Celebrity Manicurist Elle, Creative Director for the Shades by Barielle line," I was so impressed. Wow! How fun to read about the inspiration for the colors and the whole development process. Most important, I was blown away by the gorgeous colors!! I quickly made plans to buy 5 of them, if possible.

Fast-forwarding a few days later to today, I placed my order for the following colors: Putt-E-On-Me (putty creme), Lava-Rock (black with red pearlized), Polished-Princess (yellowy green metallic), Slate-Of-Affairs (slate blue creme), U-Concrete-Me (medium gray creme), Get-Mauve-ing
(greyish mauve creme). I also threw in Lemondrops (bright yellow), Secret Encounter (metallic magenta), and Date Night (metallic green).

Currently Barielle has a buy 2 get one free special. $50 orders have free shipping (which is why I added more colors).

I used a 15% one-time code I obtained by signing up to be a member, but when Googling for any additional codes, I came across yet another great beauty site to explore, Body and Soul, which in its discussion of this very collection threw in two more codes I used! FREE10 brought 10% and the PDF "The Perfect Manicure Guide" in the tiny link at the bottom left contained another 10% code. Yay!

I got free shipping and the extra colors for about $38 total!! I know I don't have any readers yet, but if you stumble across this: get these colors---and use these codes---while they are hot!!

Squeeee!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails