Thursday, December 24, 2009

Smile and Say Greeeeeennn!!

One of the more clever promotions around Thanksgiving was the Zoya Nail Polish "Green Friday." On the day after the American Thanksgiving, instead of the usual "Black Friday" sale, Zoya had a special where if you bought $20 worth of product, you would receive SIX FREE bottles of GREEN nail polish! 

The green polishes were: Veruschka (the wondrous velvet-like matte forest green), Midori (bright green, as the name suggests---I remember Midori liqueur from my college days), Irene (a shimmering medium green), Suvi (a medium dark green), Envy (a super dark forest green), and Tangy (another bright green that in the bottle reminds me a bit of a green Zara). 

Left to right, above: Midori, Irene, Suvi, and Envy. Oops, had some spillage on the side of the pinky nail with Envy, there.

It didn't take too much to get the $20 worth: I ordered Luna and Astra, two of the new ultra glitters, and Loredana, a dark gray matte. Tangy straggled after the rest of the order, and I keep forgetting to bring it home; once I do, I am thinking of doing a gradient mani with all the Zoya greens except Veruschka.



I have, in the meantime, worn the gorgeous Veruschka for a couple of days recently, and absolutely adore this fantastic polish! It brushes on a lovely green with wonderful shimmer---one wants it to stay this way, almost---then dries matte before one's eyes. I think that putting a glossy topcoat over Veruschka or any of the Zoya matte polishes brings back the shimmering qualities. For the most part I have gone the matte topcoat route (Essie's Matte About You having stood me in good stead), but I do think the Zoya mattes are a must!!  

Zoya makes it easy being green! (Had to end the post on a corny note, there!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails